Filled with spicy sausage, creamy scrambled eggs, cheese, and our fresh salsa, these breakfast burritos are not only easy to make, but also delicious any time of day—we especially love them for brunch. Add a side salad, toast and fruit and you’ve got a midday feast!
- 12 large eggs
- A splash of whole milk
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed (put in oven wrapped in tin foil while you cook the other ingredients)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tabla Fresca Farmstand mild, medium or hot salsa
- Sour cream for garnish
- Fresh parsley, chopped; or dried parsley flakes
- Brown the sausage with the chopped onion and chopped pepper, and drain off the fat.
- Scramble the eggs in a separate skillet; when done, turn off heat and add a splash of milk, stir to coat the eggs.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs and the cooked sausage mixture across the center of each flour tortilla, sprinkle on the shredded cheese and a generous spoonful of salsa, and roll up.
- Top with a generous dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with parsley flakes or chopped fresh parsely.
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes